Thread: New To Breeding
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
hunniebunnie
Follower of Yorkietology

i just wanted to add, and this just my opinion, "purebred", "cute", and "small" can't be the determining factors for breeding. health, genetics, and temperament are pretty important too.

breeding is a responsibility, whether you own the male or the female involved. before you even consider breeding, i think you should learn all you can about the breed too. i know being a new and enthusiastic puppy owner, it's common to have the impulse to have more little ones like your cute little one by breeding him or her. but being more educated about dogs in general will definitely lend more perspective on the subject of breeding and help you understand whether or not this is a good thing for you or your puppy.

i'm curious to know, what's your reasoning for wanting to breed? did you want a puppy from the breeding? monetary compensation? for free and for fun? being so new at puppy ownership and still learning about the basics of training and health, are you really in a position to make an educated decision that would affect the long term health and behavior of an unneutered male dog, especially given there are 2 other male dogs at home? i think there are a lot of things to consider and learn before you even start looking for a female to breed with your male.
hunniebunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!