Thread: New To Breeding
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
miezzi
I Love My 3 Lovebugs!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARYKAY48
I have very cute male yorkie. He is only 16 weeks and 2.5 pds and I was thinking of finding someone who would like me to breed him. I have never done this before but he is pure bred and so cute. What do I need to know and how old should he be etec.

I am not a breeder, but I would think you want to do as much research as possible on his pedigree. Until you have all that, I highly doubt that any reputable breeder will want to breed just any male with their female just because he is cute. You need facts about him....you will want him tested for LP, LS etc, etc, etc. And he is only 4 monthes old, you do not know how big he will be. Any reputable breeder will want their male to be within the standard. By producing puppies that are not to the standard, you will be contributing to the problem of people complaining that their yorkie is too big or sick or whatever. Didnt' you just buy a yorkie that was not to the standard, and if I recall right, you were pretty upset about that. And now you want to breed your newer yorkie that you bought from a petstore, and run the risk of that happening to someone else. I don't get it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!