View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 AM   #9
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom
You're right in that what makes it harder in public is that there's no physical signs that he has any problems. People just think he's being a brat. I've told her she really needs to find a support group and possibly a therapist specifically for her to teach her how to handle these outbursts. What works for your average child discipline-wise is not always going to cut it with an autistic child. I hope she finds that help soon.

I agree she really does need to find a support group, we have a really great one here. I would also check in to a behavior therapist and whatever other therapies he needs.

We were lucky we never really had a huge problem with Ethan having tantrums, the only thing he would really have a complete and total meltdown over was video games. I'm so proud of my little man he has made such progress over the last few years. He is talking up a storm and doing well in school. This is really the first problem that we have had in a few years and I really hope that it's just a phase that he is going through and that it will be over soon.

I'm just really scared that he is going to hurt himself bad enough to where he will have to go to a plastic surgeon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!