View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
Lisa Nicole
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Omg Beware Of Your Dog's Collar!!

We had the scariest experience last night with Jackson my 11 month old Yorkie. My boyfriend and I were in our home office talking and the dogs (we have two pomeranians as well) were playing around. I heard Jackson yelp and turned around to see him hopping on the bed. I jumped up there and his collar was stuck in his mouth. He plays with his tags on it all the time and scold him to stop but like most puppies, he does it anyway. So .. back to the story .. I try to slip it out of his mouth and back around his neck but it was wedged really far back and his teeth wouldn't allow it to come out. My boyfriend immediately jumped up there with me and grabbed him. We both tried slipping it out, un-strapping the collar as if you were taking it off but it wasn't doing any good. Finally Jim (my boyfriend) grabbed the scissors and told me to hold him and we cut it off. Blood, from a lost tooth, was everywhere and Jackson along with Jim and I were very obviously traumatized. We watched him really close, examined his mouth and think he'll be just fine but I will NEVER but a collar on him again. I only used the collar for his Vet/Name tags anyway as I harness him for walks. The only weird thing is since the incident he's been licking excessively, first his paws last night now us (our hands), I'm guessing it's just nerves but does anyone have any ideas??

Lis
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!