Thread: I'm Sooo Angry
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 03:01 AM   #9
Rem&Silkmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrap
Please help me. For those of you that are able to walk your dogs without a leash or get your dog to come to you when they are not on the leash. HOW DID YOU TRAIN YOUR DOG TO DO THIS????

Coco will come when called when we are in the house or if we are anywhere indoors. However, if she is outside she NEVER comes when called and just runs around and around and when I go close to her she takes off running.

Here is my story. I never walk her without a leash but yesterday the cable guy was intalling cable and when he went out to his truck coco slipped out the door behind him TWICE! The first time I went out had to chase her for awhile finally caught her. yelled at her and spanked her butt once because she wouldn't come to me when called. So after she saw how angry I was I figured she wouldn't do it again. BUT she did....The second time I went out and called her and she ran into the neighbors back yard. I went into that neighbors yard kept calling and calling and she wouldn't come. Everytime I took a step towards her she ran into the next yard. She was runnin under their fences which meant I had to CLIMB over the neighbors fences and go into peoples backyards all the while calling her like an idiot because she is not listening to me. She runs out in the street then runs back in another backyard. FINALLY 5 houses down, I was able to get her to come close enough to me where I could grab her and I was SOOOOOO Friggin mad at her. I grabbed her by he scruff of her neck and yelled at her and when we got back to the house she was locked up for a few hours because I couldn't even stand to look at her after that. I haven't climbed a fence since I was about 10 years old and it was POURING down rain yesterday. So I'm muddy and she was too from running in puddles.

I'm just SOO angry with her. She has done this before and I have no idea why she does this only when we are outside. It's SOO frustrating
We are going to training class next week. It is very frustrating when they don't listen. But I have always found training class fun and it provides some distractions since there are others in the class. Good Luck. Remmy my three year old went to training class and we also reinforced the Come command by giving treats when we called him. He is very smart and now only comes about half the time. Now if I am outside and instead of saying "come" I say "do you want a treat?" he comes running every time.
Rem&Silkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!