View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

"Spoiled rotten - huh!" With your husband gone, you have no choice or anything else to do than try and manage your little puppy yourself. And, this may be a good opportunity to try and "unspoil" her a little bit.

Cuddle her, love her, spend time with her, feed her, makes sure she has water, and make sure she is always comfortable. There is no reason she shouldn't respond to all of these things and become happier soon.

If you fuss over her too much right now (and really baby her) - you may end up with an even "more-spoiled" little dog. And, if this happens neither she nor you will be very happy.

I love my dogs a lot and play with them all the time and take very good care of them....and they both sleep with me. But, neither of them is spoiled. They play with one another a lot and love other people and children and other dogs. I really think they are both very happy and well adjusted. Neither of them require attention from me 24/7, but they enjoy it when they get it. And, whenever I'm gone from home for a day or two (and once a week), they stay happy and playful the whole time I'm gone. Interestingly, when I leave my dogs, I'm the one who suffers from separation anxiety --they don't!

Good luck! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!