Thread: I'm Sooo Angry
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Wolftrap
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko's_human
I think you should practice the "come" command in the house with her every day. When she comes, give her a tasty treat and praise her lavishly. Make her coming to you a positive experience for her. In her doggy mind, why should she come to you when she knows she is going to get punished, spanked or crated up? Not to say you shouldn't be upset with her, I would be too, but this is a very dangerous behavior on her part and she could get lost, hurt or killed if she keeps running away from you. Also, the more you chase her, the more she runs because it is a favorite game with them. Next time, try getting her to chase you so you can grab her and get her safely home.
I will try to practice with her in the house everyday but it puzzles me that she has NO problem coming to me when called when we are indoors. So I don't know how well that will work. Its just outdoors she does this and she is NEVER punished when she does come to me. I always pet her or play with her when she comes to me. So this is why I'm baffled as to why she doesn't come when outside. So she should not have it in her mind at all that she is going to get punished for coming to me. I was just SOOOO angry yesterday with her.

and I did try to get her to chase me. I ended up looking like a running fool when she just looked at me and standing in the rain waiting for her to come to me was just so frustrating.
Wolftrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!