View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #15
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

My husband is a "big dog" person. He always told me that he does not like little dogs and that he would never get a little dog. But, we when we got married, we didn't have a back yard and we really really wanted a dog. So, we compromised. He said that we could get a little dog if and only if it was a boy...AND I was not allowed to put his hair up or dress him in clothes. So, of course I agreed. So, now we have Hobbs, who is almost 7 months old. I loved Hobbs so much that I really wanted another one...and I wanted a girl!! Hobbs is so hyper and he would really enjoy a playmate. My husband really gets jealous because Hobbs definately like me the most, mainly because I am the one that really takes care of him. SO, I convinced my husband by saying:

1. that boy dogs like women and girl dogs like men, and that if we got a girl, then Hobbs could be "mine" and the girl dog would be "his." hehehehe
2. The cost would be practically the same as having 1...we have all the toys, treats, food, etc. All we would have to pay for is vet bills.
3. We wouldn't have to entertain Hobbs as much because he would have a friend.
4. I promised my husband that I would not dress up the girl dog. I think sometimes that men have a problem with yorkies being too "girly" or something. So, I agreed not to dress our dogs up. But sometimes I do anyway. hehehe

If all else fails, I would definately get one anyway. Get it for Mother's Day and say it is a Mother's day gift to yourself. He would be mad for maybe a minute, then love it.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!