View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #13
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi there! I'm a nurse and also my mom had knee replacement surgery a few years ago. I just want to say, I'm not sure you will be able to climb the stairs in 3 weeks. Have you talked to your doc, or more importantly, you need to talk to the rehabilitation folks where you will be going after surgery. I assume that you will be going to a rehab facility after the hospital stay - which is only usually 3-4 days. I would get in touch with the rehab folks where you will be going - call them now and ask if you can expect to be able to climb stairs 3 weeks post op. I know that my mom couldn't have - she had trouble with the one step up into her home.

Good luck with everything - oh and the college strategy is a good one. Maybe there is a nursing school or physical therapy school at the college and one of those students could stay with your baby while you are gone and then stay with you once you get home. I know it will be costly - but I'm not sure you will be able to climb the stairs and stay alone after 3 weeks - hopefully yes, but a contingency plan in place NOW, could be a lifesaver!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!