View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #8
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I guess we just got lucky - with both our guys - Rowdy and Rexy. Rowdy slept in a crate till he was about 5 months old - and when he first started sleeping with us - he did tromp around a little bit - but would settle down in a few minutes when we turned the light out.

Rexy stayed in the crate for one week and then started crying - so I put him in bed with me and he snuggled down and went right to sleep and has done so ever since (about 5 weeks) - he doesn't even tromp around like Rowdy did.

I think it may be that the crate is your baby's "safe place" "his space" and the bed is too open for him. It may be like human kids, some have a harder time calming themselves and when t hey are over stimulated, they need special space or blankets or whatnot to calm themselves. Your baby may be one that doesn't quite yet know how to calm himself and/or is overstimulated by everything on the bed.

Both Rowdy and Rexy are pretty calm and laid back most of the time - oh don't get me wrong, they can go NUTS over something - but in general they are calm. Your baby may just need to grow up a little more.

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!