View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 06:25 AM   #9
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Poor baby - Albon does work wonders and usually they start feeling better pretty darn fast. I agree with Pat and sometimes we have to force feed the Nutrical. The faster you can open his mouth and put some on the roof of the mouth the easier it is. I put my hand on top of their muzzle and with my thumb and finger of my left hand on the corner of their mouth I force it open and then with the Nutrical on my right hand finger I put it in. Fast.

Cimetidine is used to reduce GI acid production and has very, if any, adverse effects.

Albon is used for GI antibacterial and antiinflammatory activity. The adverse effect can cause decrease in eating but this is very small.

I also agree with Pat on waiting to see your vet tomorrow unless you see him really start going down fast. Sometimes these things have to work through their system and if you can get the Nutrical in him I think you will be alright. I have had many rescue's ( many came in with Coccidia - which Albon works wonders with) refuse the chicken and rice. It does help when I cook the rice in chicken broth (swanson's no salt) and I also keep jars of Junior size baby food in the house, along with the chicken hotdogs for kids. I am a believer in these little ones that it is important to eat but it has to be bland. I have also force fed some when they wouldn't eat (the rice). Just a little bit but it helps to have something in their stomachs. I have even tried ice cream to help coat their stomachs. I have sat on the floor with many a little one begging them to eat just a little. Sometimes they like that I pick up their food and hold it for them and I have gotten some in that way. Obviously fluid are important also but I think you have a handle on that.

Tomorrow if you can take a stool sample in I would just to be on the safe side.

I think these little ones handle upset stomach's just like we do and food is the last thing on their minds.

Let us know how he is doing today and if he is still alert and givening warning barks.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!