View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #10
luvmystevie
Yorkie Talker

I just started watching this show last night since I couldn't sleep and it's on late here. I had heard of Cesar before but never watched the show.

My yorkie is still a puppy so I always thought his behavior was just him being just that a puppy. Stevie is only on a leash when we go for walks or to the pet store, but around the house just tonight I tried a few things that have seemed to help calm him down so he isn't all over the place like he has adhd.

To my amazement just tonight alone he has calmed down a little. I used the sssh technique and that got his attention. When he grabbed onto my baby's toys I did it again and sat him into a laying position and he stayed there! I stood still for a while, he started to jump on me and bite at my sweats and I just ignored him and he stopped, sat back down right at my feet.

So while I agree there are some things I wouldn't do (yanking him by the collar) I do think that some of his techniques may help us calm my puppy. I'm going to Barnes and Nobles tomorrow to purchase the book.
luvmystevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!