View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim000001
My husband is doing online school right now. He Does University of Pheonix, and he has 3 more classes to take and he gets an Associates. The classes are 6 weeks long, he gets no breaks between classes most of the time, once in a while it might be a few days between classes though. He takes one class at a time, and September will make 2 years. He is on the computer a lot, but he loves not having to go to a school to take classes. The only thing though is that each class is 1200 dollars plus some book fees!! He says he is going to stay until he gets a Masters I hope so!!
That is a really expensive for classes, but there is worse. Mine are only $406 a class. I take 2 at a time and they are 8 wk classes. So my total bill is only $816 and I buy my books on ebay and half.com if I can, last time it was only $30 for my books.
I hate to tell you this. I have heard some bad things about UOP because I considered the BSIT program before I found SIU's. Check out ripoffreports.com, epinions.com and uopsucks.com. I hope your husband has a better experience than a lot of other's have and I wish him luck. Oh yeah, and UOP will call, email, and snail mail you like CRAZY, something I never experienced from a university before, which made me think that they are all about $$. Be careful choosing your school, it's very important. There are even really bad degree programs that give you a degree just for life experience like Rochville. That is simply like just buying your degree. Not all the degrees are the same! Many universities offer online programs. Good luck!
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!