View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Rowdy was easy, right in the crate, narry a peep. Rex was easy, right in the crate, narry a peep.............for 7 days, then the howling began (he was 8 weeks old when we got him). i think he realized that mom, dad, Rowdy and the senior dog were all in the bed right beside him. I had to make a long drive the next day, so I put him in bed with me (my hubby was out of town). We have a king bed so I put him between our two pillows (I made a space about a foot and a half wide) and then put a pillow at the bottom. In essence I made a pillow enclosure with the wall at the top and pillows at the other 3 sides. I put a blanket on the bottom and slept fitfully the rest of the night, afraid he would go potty. When I first put him in bed with me, he laid across my neck - but after he went to sleep, I put him down in the pillow well and he stayed there the rest of the night. The next night we were staying with other people in a very small house and I had him with me. I brought his crate, but didn't want him to howl and wake everyone esle up. I was sleeping in a twin bed so I put him between me and the wall and slept fitfully again, afraid he would go potty - but he didn't.

And that was that - no more crate! We kept Rowdy in the crate till he was 5 months old and now he will go into a bag or a carrier with no fuss and I so wanted that for Rexy too - but no such luck.

Rex has not had an accident in the bed and it has now been 5 weeks. The other night at 5:00am I awoke to a wet nose in my mouth and it was him - so I took him out and he did a pee and poop without changing positions so I guess he REALLY needed to go. I dont' think I'll worry anymore about him pottying in the bed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!