Thread: Testosterone!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Livingdustmops - That was an interesting article - wish I had kept the source for the article I read...

I understand "physeal closure" very well. I have seen hundreds of x-rays and have typed hundreds of reports - taken for bone-age purposes - and am familiar with the age-gradings in relation to "epiphyseal (physeal) closure."

The article I read was directed more toward the endocrinological aspect of growth...and the effect of testosterone on growth.

Interestingly, bone-age determination studies (epiphyseal closure analysis) are done on females as well as males. And - these studies, of course, are done on people with no regard whatsoever to their being neutered or spayed. These studies are often done to assess the growth pattern of children - in an effort to determine whether their growth is behind, normal, or ahead of their chronological age. And, the results of these studies often help an endocrinologist know whether or not growth hormones are indicated or might be beneficial. And, they are often done only to assess what the adult size might be for an unusually small child.

These articles are all very interesting... Thank you again for your article.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!