Thread: Trachea problem
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
toochny2000
Yorkie Yakker

Thank you. I have checked with my vet and she said to give childrens benedryl a try. I would never try anything without consulting my vet. I just wanted to know if anyone tried it and if the results were positive. Anyway I refuse to think my dog has a collapsed trachea. I've mentioned my dogs problem a bunch of times on this forum. Out of all the info I got for trachea problems I get more confused. All of these websites and discussions always mention that the collapse is apparant when dogs get excited and run around. My dog does just the opposite. She coughs a gagging sound like a furball only when she is calm. Especially after she wakes up. I don't smoke around her I have humidifiers, vaporizers, cough suppressants and antibiotics. She has been on antibiotics for 3 months straight and there is no change in her cough. She still gets it at the same times during the day. Its part of her everyday routine.

Now I did find a old thread from last year. Somebody else had the same problem and after several months of antibiotics the vet told this person to use a nebulizer with the antibiotic gethromyacin. I think that is the name of the med. Any way after 2 treatments a day the cough the lasted for 4 months was gone in 4 days. I thought that was amazing. I'm going to inquire about that this week with my vet. Any thoughts about a nebulizer.
toochny2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!