View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #9
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I have had the same groomer for years and totally trust and like her. And, believe me - I don't stay there when my dogs are being groomed. They are terrible when I'm around.

My groomer tells me that when I'm not there - they go through the grooming process very well - just like little soldiers - they don't fuss, or cry and whine, and behave very well. But - the minute I walk in everything changes (and I can attest to this). The minute they see me -- just like little children, they start being difficult, want me to take them and hold them, and cry and whine, etc. etc.

So - I take my dogs to my trusted groomer, and I go shopping or run some other errands. The groomer can get done in half the time (this is good for the dogs too), and when I go to pick them up ---we are all as happy and excited as we can be. Job well done!!!!

My dogs may not enjoy being groomed - (I hate getting permanents, myself) -but it has to be done. And, when we return to the groomers - they are always happy to see her - so I know they are just fine when I'm gone.

PS: My groomer would certainly let me stay if I wanted to (some of her customers do)...... but, from her point of view, everything goes much better and much more quickly, when she can have these little guys to herself for that period of time. And - she really thinks it is better for the dogs (more enjoyable and less stressful) when their "parents" aren't hanging around......

Carol Jean

Last edited by SnowWa; 04-22-2006 at 10:18 AM.
SnowWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!