Thread: Frustrated!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop67
Ok, so I come home today to my favorite pair of shoes torn up in pieces!!! I have read other treads and I know that this has happened to some of you. I am probably going to sound like a meanie,but I don't find this cute or acceptable. Every single day I have to do through a routine and pretty much put my apartment on lockdown. I have to put gates around all the corners of the walls because they chew them, I have to put the house plants on the counter because they tear them up, I need to make sure I leave nothing of value out etc..... I want to know what some of you have done to correct this behavior. I cant put them in crates because my male yorkie wont stop barking! Our neighbor complained one day when I came home from work saying that he was barking allllll day and wouldnt stop! I wont even buy new furniture, even though I desperately need some, for the fear of coming home to teeth marks all over it! I feel that I should be able to leave something out without it getting ruined!!
Really a crate or a xpen would be the best option for their safety and to keep them out of stuff. Is there any way you can confine them to a certain area of the house like the kitchen? As for the barking, you can cover the xpen or put some toys and chews in there for them, but yorkies bark... it's just what they do. good luck
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!