View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
Lexi's_Mommy
~GirlieGirls~
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieK9trainer
"Actually they don't need anything more than just a piece of ovarian tissue to have the hormones for a heat cycle, and yes I have switched vets "

Your dog can have a heat cycle, but not in the sense of what most think of. The lining of the uterus is shed and if she was spayed, then she cannot shed the lining of somethign that shouldn't exist. Further she can have symptoms of a heat cycle, but shouldn't be bleeding-yeah there will be discharge most likely. Ask your vet about this (again). I hope you didn't have to pay for the surgery or are being compensated in some way for this. It sounds like you didn't get the service that you asked for. (yeah, she can't get pregnant if the procedure was only performed partially, but she's still going through many of the symptoms that no doubt you didn't want her to go through)...sorry my phone's ringing, I'll try to get back to this-
She doesn't bleed and can not get pregnant. She just swells and her estrogen goes way up, which produces crazy hormones.
Lexi's_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!