View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
Lexi's_Mommy
~GirlieGirls~
Donating Member

Cry Back in a leg cast

My poor Lexi is getting bad again. She is not aloud outside at all. Her leg is awful, I insisted on another skin test for underskin mites, That came back neg. (yeah) They wanted to put a e-collar on her but I asked them if we could cast it again. She does way better with the cast than the e-collar. So she is now in a vented cast.

The new vet also thinks it could possibly have something to do with her hormones. (for those who weren't here last year) She was spayed at 6 months and the vet called right after her surgery to tell me she only had 1 ovary and 1 kidney. Well apparently they were wrong because at 9 months my baby girl went into heat. Anyway her itching started around the time of her first heat. She was in heat for 6 weeks and then a month or 2 after she was doing great with the itching. Then about 2 months ago she went back into heat and shortly after started itching again, and is now worse than ever.

Anyway, the good news is this new vet doesn't want to put her through any more allergy test for awhile. He wants to treat what we do know and wait til her next heat. The bad news we think she is going to have to be respayed to find out if it is hormones making her itch so bad.
Lexi's_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!