Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I lost a dog last October - that left my little Bichon without his companion.
He also seemed to mope around and was very lethargic.

About four months later, I brought my little 8-pound Yorkie home. The little Yorkie quickly made live "hell" for my 21-pound Bichon. He totally drove the very friendly, but somewhat shy and submissive Bichon crazy 24/7.

However, within a few weeks, they became fast friends and spend a lot of time playing together.

What I want to share with you is - that in spite of being driven crazy by this new little puppy constantly - the Bichon did come out of his shell, and he started eating better, playing, and definitely has come back to (and even surpassed) his usual friendly affectionate nature.

***** I think the first week or two are difficult for any dog when a new puppy enters the house, but with a lot of experience doing this, I can say that in my house - almost always - before long you begin to reap the rewards that you were hoping for.

My 8 pound Yorkie and 21-pound Bichon have become fast friends. And - my Bichon certainly is no longer moping around - but rather has become friendly and playful.

***** I don't think it matters which one is the most outgoing or dominant (and, believe me, it can be the tiny little puppy) -- because they work this out between the two of them anyway. And in the long run, you will have two adult dogs that enjoy one another's company.

Good luck! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!