View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
Carinhosamulher
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxangel06
He used to be such a good boy...but my house is stinky...I can't stand it...can you recommend me so products to clean...I have used almost everything by the way. I love him to death...but I feel he is taking advantage of the fact that I'm so loving....
For one thing - he needs to know that the marking is wrong. Try to catch him in the act and scold him, then take him outside immediately. In the spots you catch him marking - pee spots and whatnot, a good thing to use that you probably have in your home already is vinegar. I used to fix up a bowl of hot water with some Dawn dish soap. Then I would put about 1/4 cup of vinegar in with it, mixing it up good. (it was a decent sized bowl as we were housebreaking at the time.) First, soak up as much of the pee as you can in a towel. Then pour the soapy vinegar solution on the spot, let it soak in, the scrub. After you gently scrub, use a fresh towel (dishtowels are perfect for this - you can buy a decent amount that will do the job at the Family Dollar store) to soak up the excess so that it doesn't get in to the carpet padding underneath. If the pee/mark is on the bare floor, you can do the same thing.

The vinegar is perfect because it doesn't bleach or discolor your floor/carpets and prevents the dog from returning to that spot for bathroom/marking. I used a water spray bottle, made a solution of 3/4 hot water to 1/4 vinegar and sprayed my floors with a light mist. Mattie hasn't had an accident in the house in about two weeks. I'm due to lightly spray again. I'll do this until he's a year old and has full control of his bladder.

Keep in mind, Yorkies are a smaller breed. It's not that they can't be housebroken - they can. You just have to take the time to really devote to it. Unlike a larger breed who can hold it for longer times due to their larger bladders, Yorkies have to go out more often, especially while they are young.

I have never used a store-bought product to help with housebreaking or cleaning the marks/accidents. I have read up on them, went and checked them out, but it's all pretty much the same idea as the vinegar.

I hope this helps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!