View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cat Ears
If he does have LP, what would you suggest I do? The breeder has a 6 months from the time I bought him health guarantee against genetic defects. Of course I won't want to "return" him or "exchange" him. Would it be right to ask for my money back if he has sold me a dog who will need a very expensive surgery?
severe cases can sometimes be diagnosed in the first vet check, but i think the milder cases don't show up until 4 to 6 mos or even longer. your vet should be able to given an opinion just by palpitating the knee joint.

i think 99.9% will want the dog returned to give a refund and will not pay any vet bills. i personally think they should refund the purchase price (after proof of having the procedure performed) or pay the vet bills to fix the genetic problem, whichever is less. my mom's dog was diagnosed with collapsed trachea, but she (like most of us) was already to attached to the dog. She ended up spending a lot of money on vet bills and she eventually had to put Muffin to sleep at about 7 years old.
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!