View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
Tashasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieK9trainer
Well, one of my most fondest memories is of "Lady" (her japanese name is too hard for most to pronounce, so we gave her a common english name) one of our Akitas and Little Nemo the Yorkie.
When Nemo was a pup he would harass Lady (who was a PHENOMINAL akita-RIP) while she was laying down and she'd be very good about letting him think he was tough stuff and if it became too much, she'd stand up-being very careful not to step on him and come over to one of us and just sit and stare at us as to say "Could you control your little pip squeak?". He would really try to get rough too, but w/ all that coat, she could barely feel him I'd imagine. The worst came when he reached sexual maturity and began humping her tail while she was laying down (because it would uncurl when she was really relaxed). And she'd give a low growl at that point and if he wouldn't stop, she'd get up and do the same thing as I mentioned above.

Once in awhile Lady would go looking for Nemo just to check in on him, or she would even bring him a toy and see if he was interested in taking the bait. If he did, she could sit there for hours and watch Nemo entertain himself.

They were really good together, and despite that, when no one was going to be home, we'd lock Nemo up in his crate in a room-so a door was between the Akitas and his crate, or we'd just take Nemo w/ us (usually the case!).

Lady is now gone and there will not be another Akita like her, of that we're sure. Nemo, now that he's older doesn't harass any of the other Akitas.
I loved this story..exspecially the part of nemo reaching maturity..too funny..i'm also sorry to hear lady has passed. It sounds like she was a wonder pet..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!