View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Default Very critical dog.

This is about my daughters dog, she is not a yorkie she is part golden retreiver and part Austrailian shepherd, 4 years old.

Yesterday, Daisy had a very bloated stomach and was very listless, they took her to the vet, he did an x ray to see if there was a blockage in her intestine. The x ray didn't show anything. Her blood count was low but not alarmingly low, the vet sent her bck home and told them to watch her and check her gum to see if they got real pale. Today after my dughter got home from work, her gums were very pale and she was extremely listless, normally she is a very hyper dog.

They had to take her to the ER vet since it was late in the day. He said her stomach is full of blood, and she has some lymphoma cells in her blood. They do not know if that is what is causing the bleeding, or where the lymphoma is. If on the spleen they can remove it, if on the liver she will have to be put down. They are doing surgery tonight.

My daughter is very distraught. Daisy is her first dog and this is very hard on her to think about having to put her down.

We need prayers.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!