Thread: teacups health
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
hunniebunnie
Follower of Yorkietology

i think the smaller yorkies are "typically more prone to health issues" than the bigger yorkies. just like yorkies as a breed are "typically hyper, yappy, hard to train and bad with little kids".

there are plenty of exceptions to what's "typical", but there are enough cases that is consistent with what's typical for a tiny yorkie, especially when it comes to health issues. you may get lucky and find one that is as healthy as a horse, but it's a risk you can decide if you want to take.

my bunjee is 7 lbs and that's still pretty small. he's not so fragile that i have to stop him from jumping onto and off the couch when he wants to sit by me. i'm more at ease when the vet had to put him under for the neutering. if he's fickle about food, i can just leave it out for him until he's ready to eat without worrying about him going into hypoglycemic shock. he can play with slightly bigger dogs (and most dogs are) without too much fear of getting hurt. i can walk him outside and he's usually big enough for people to see without stepping on him. i'm less likely to step on him when i'm at home. he's big enough not to be able to slip between the bars of the babygates.

i've always wanted a smaller dog, but i think 5-7 lbs is small enough. jmho.
hunniebunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!