View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #11
Jess
Yorkie Talker

I would agree with crating him and would definatly disagree with getting another one to keep him company, all your going to do is have two dogs making a mess. I'm not sure how long you're gone for, if it's over 6 hours, than I wouldn't leave him in a crate, perhaps a dog sitter? I had the privilage of bringing my pups to work with me until I felt they were ok to leave at home for the duration of work time. You really need to put in double time to teach good vs bad behavior. When he does anything good, PRAISE THE HELL OUT OF HIM! And when he's bad, ie peeping on floor or ripping at the wee wee pad, clap and say his name then NO! I firmily believe in a good swap on the nose. It's taught my pups not to do it again without installing too much fear. Repremanding him after he's already been bad is useless. They forgot what they've done. If you put in the work, it'll pay off for life. Worst comes to worst, you can always hire a dog trainer. I know several people that have had EXCELENT results. Good luck to you!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!