View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Yorkybaby
Yorkie Talker

Default Please help me understand my yorkie, I had this in the wrong section!

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have experience this sorta of behavior in Your yorkie. My Yorkie is about 4 weeks pregnant - I am assuming this, did everything right with breeding just waiting for ultrasound to confirm etc.
She has been acting quite strange, She does have the typical i am pregnant has throwin food up here and there.. I first started to notice that she wasn't gaining weight rather losing weight and I am feeding her good food, dry food avialable always, wet food cottage cheese, sometimes grated cheese.. small portions throughout the day of this. And its all puppy food etc. So why isnt' she gaining weight? I checked her poops no worms - can't deworm cos she is prego but there is no worms, poos solid and no blood they are great looking poops.
So here is where i worry - she walks around the premiter of my livign room, kitchen so for example all along the couch sides and the outer edges of my home sometimes it looks like she is going to walk right into the wall - she goes very slowly like she is this old lady - she drinks her water and today she puts both feet in so she comes out of the kitchen like she just took a bath. She seems off balance and not perky like she once was - she walks and walks where she should be sleeping instead. She won't come when i call her at first.. she won't lookat me in the eye when i pick her up... When i get her squeek toy she perks right back like her old self - but then doesn't want to bring the toy back. I worry - she seems disorientated. I do have a vet appt for her but impatient to wait for an answer i thought i would ask you guys. She is not a big Yorkie she is quite small and can't afford to be loosing weight rather gaining weight.
Thanks for your help and any advice in advance.. i did give her crackers to settle her tummy.. any suggestions please give me
Yorkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!