Thread: raw diet?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
Nazir's
No Longer a Member

Default Raw vs. Kibble continued...

Me:
I have heard a lot about raw diets for dogs and while I have always been curious to learn more I never actually persuded it before now.

I will provide a very informative link on and about BARF diets for dogs. However, dispite my reasearch, I still remain with several questions that I cant seem to find the answer to.

I hear that raw diets are more beneficial than kibble. They keep doggy odours down, cleans teeth, it's less expensive, results in healthier dogs, less vet visits, etc.

I have also heard that no cooked foods are best for any dog, doesn't matter if it's boiled or baked (kibble). I was advised that even the most expensive highest quality kibbles were filled with grains or just plain junk. I was also told that no dog should be constantly feed fruits, veggies, and grains as many kibble brand foods use to advertise there kibble with. I was told that these kinds of advertisments usually work because we as the buyers, customers, and pet owners are thinking "if it's best for me than it has to be good for the animals".

I really would like to know if these things are true or not?

Ok, so here are the other more common questions:

Q: If bones should never be given to a dog than why is it ok to feed bones in a raw diet?

A: Cooked bones can be a serious danger to a dog but raw bones are soft enough to be chewed and digested easily and safely. There is always a risk when it comes to anything going into your dogs mouth.

Q: I once read that many different parasites can be transmitted through infected animals. How can I be sure that my dog will not become infected when being feed a raw, uncooked diet?

Q: Raw meats stinks, will my dog's breath stink?

Q: I have been told that my dog will need more than just protein to thrive and live a healthy balanced life. Why is it that I am now being told that raw feed it all that a dog really needs? I mean it does make sence if you looked back to their original history.

Q:Why is it that some dog food companies sale raw feed but I am told that it is still best to purchase raw feed from my local butcher?

Q: How close does brands like Innova Evo, Nature's Variety's, Cloud's Star, and then Wellness come to raw diets?

Q: I wont agree with giving my toy dog to high of protein levels so how will I know exacly how much should be feed?

Q: I have lizards that love to eat mice and I barely get to the store to provide them. This is just not very convenient for me. I need a food that I can buy and will be accessible in my home for at least a whole month, would you still recommend a raw diet to me?

Q: Should you still add food supplements such as Missing Link when feeding a raw diet?

Q: What is a holistic diet?

Q: What is the difference from raw diets, dehydrated diets, and holistic diets?

Here's those links: http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html
Nazir's is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!