View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by val
Well first of all I have to say a big thank you to everyone at YT today, I truely believe that you guys saved our Nelly last night. I guess Nelly got a little over stressed from the day, got a little chill by going to the park and not eating enough caused her to start to have tremors and she slowly started to get very tired. First I thought it was just a chill from going to the park but as we got home they got worst and she could not stand up or eat or basically do anything. Then I remembered people talking about hypoglycemia and low blood sugar levels so I grabbed the honey and phoned the vet emergency right away, apparently her blood sugar was just hitting five when I was at the vet which according to the vet was low considering she was after having the honey she said it should have spiked it to be about 7-9 so it must have been really low. So on to my ASAP question, she doing alot better this morning but the vet gave me a can of their dog food but it is giving Nelly a little runny poop so what can I give her to help her, should I just give her the dry which she has been always eating or should I give her some healthy human food, after this incident I might switch her to all healthy human food, at least I know she will eat becaused she is not to fond of the dog food anyway, so any suggestion get typing guys I really need you today.

I know it is long but had to tell you how grateful I am for all the info I get from here.

Sure hope Nelly is going to be all fine real soon, for the runny loose stool, I always cooked some white rice and gave just a little bit in with her dry food. Ours liked the rice. Gotta be careful that you don't over give too much rice as it will do the opposite, I did that once anyway this is what I have always done for the loose stool problem. I finally got Baby Blessing onto
the Royal Canine 33 small breed puppy food, tried everything else and this finally worked for her. I did read something about that there might be a problem with Nutro, I sure hope not. We used that brand for so many years and raised our other Yorkie on that but our new one went through all the best brands and finally yippee the RC33 made a hit with her much to our delight. Please keep us posted on Nelly's progress, have you posted any pictures yet in the gallery. I love to visit the gallery. Have a nice day. Patti and ~~Baby Blessing~~
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!