Thread: What did I do?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

One of my dear dogs did the same thing, if she was ever sleeping or lying on the bed or sofa. She was gentle, sweet, and never bit anyone in her life. But, when she thought she was comfortable someplace -- beware! She thought she had died and gone to heaven - and God help the person that wanted to move her.

Of course, I could tell her to "knock it off" and move her anyway - but she definitely wanted to stay right where she was - and would growl and show her teeth, pretend like she was going to bite (snap) and do everything possible to keep me or anyone from moving her.

My dog did this from the time she was a pup - so, as much as possible, we just let her stay where she was - since she was so so so happy being there. And, if I needed to move her -- I just did it.

Please remember - I am talking about a little girl that was the gentlest, sweetest, little thing in the world.......... and being comfortable on a bed or sofa was the only thing she ever spoke up about in her entire life.

Her behaving this way (on these occasions) was "no real problem." We lived with this for more than 10 years......... (I never made the bed until after Dutchess got up!)

So --- I know exactly what you're talking about. I would try to leave her be as much as possible - otherwise, just takeover - and if you have to move her - move her! (And - of course, if she actually bites - it's time for some heavy duty discipline -right!)

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!