View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornsberry
I have a 15 lb bischon who is 3 1/2 yrs old and a new yorkie which is 5 months old she is only 4lbs now but I was wondering if any of you use the electric fence on your yorkie and if it is the petsafe brand?? I was reading on it and it says for dogs 8lbs or over?? I know she is way to small now but I was wondering maybe when she is older if this brand would work on both my dogs please let me know if any of you use this brand and if so what collar you use. Thanks
My sister uses an invisible fence for her dogs and a few members here on YT do as well. My sister's makes an annoying beep when they first cross the line so they learned where not to go within a day. She doesn't even put their's on any more. I would use it according to it's intended size of 8 lbs. If yours is already 5 months old and 4 lbs, I do not think she will pass 8 lbs. I would not even consider using if she doesn't reach 8 lbs. The reason why the company set that weight is because of the weight of the collar. But there are some brands I have heard of for smallers dogs. IMHO an invisible fence is better than letting a dog escape the yard and possibly getting killed.
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!