View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Default My day went downhill ... fast!!!

I will try not to make this too long ... but this has been an unbelievable day! Started out unbelievabley wonderful ... thank you all again for the recognition [50,000 post]!! It was quite early when I learned the good news so I anxiously waited until my two sleepyheads to wake up so I could dance around and yell [Toto & Patrick]!

Today is also our wedding anniversary and Patrick took the day off ... we had a great day planned ... little road trip ... sightseeing ... spending a nice day with Toto! Patrick hasn't been feeling well for the past few days ... got a pretty bad sunburn so we thought that was the reason for that. When they finally got up we laughed and talked for a few minutes ... played with Toto, and then he said he felt nausiated and had a horrible headache and thought he would lay back down for a few minutes. In just a little bit I heard him ... he was sooo sick ... violent vomiting, diahrrea and his headache was worse. We got him showered and I tucked him back in bed and called our Doctor ... took him to his office and the Doctor was concerned about the headache because the pain was in the place where he had a bloodclot several years ago [left temple] and it caused him to have a stroke [totally recovered from that] and his heart rate was way up. While we were there he had a little chest pain. The doctor wanted him to check in the hospital and ordered an MRI and some other tests.

I was so scared and so totally alone [I don't know a soul here]. I met with the Doctor late this afternoon and the good news is ... the MRI showed no anurism, which is what he feared ... the bad news is ... his heart rate is still up ... he was dehydrated so they are pumping fluid in and his potassium was low so they are adding that. They have him hooked up to heart monitors and will be watching that tonight and we will see what tomorrow brings. My Patrick is never sick ... he has more stamina than any man I have ever known!! They gave him another shot this afternoon to try to stop the vomiting and so I sat and watched him sleep for several hours before I came home to this really sad, sad little Yorkie!!

I spoke with his nurse a few minutes ago and she said he is still resting and the nausia is better. So, I decided not to go back over tonight ... they have all my numbers and assured me they will call me if anything changes and I'm only about 5 minutes away. So ... please keep my Patrick in your prayers and my baby Toto who is sleeping next to me and crying out in her little sleep [she's missing her Papa!].

And BTW ... poor baby ... Patrick looked up this afternoon and said "I am so sorry ... Happy Anniversay" ... I just smiled and said "Patrick, you really know how to show a girl a good time!!"

Last edited by admin; 04-26-2005 at 08:13 PM.
bettyeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!