Thread: I'm worried
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
Annie&Badger
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_kat22
Thank you for your reply Annie&Badger. I am so paranoid about him, and he does seem better.. I hope he stays this way now. He is on neomycin, but he has been for months now and it has never done this.. so I'm hoping he's just sore from playing too hard or sleeping wrong. I think we'll see how he is in the morning, and go from there
That's okay hun. I'm sorry you're so worried. I did a quick search on neomycin. It's a broad spectrum antibiotic right? I'm guessing this is for the liver shunts. There don't seem to be many side effects in dogs... http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:...k&ct=clnk&cd=7

In humans that take the drug over long periods of time, there may be some risk to the kidneys. Symptoms include:

· an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of the throat; hives; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; rash; or fainting);
· little or no urine;
· decreased hearing, ringing in the ears, or a feeling of fullness in the ears;
· dizziness, clumsiness, or unsteadiness;
· numbness, skin tingling, muscle twitching, or seizures; or
· severe watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps

That's the human reaction to the drug not dog and none of that really applies to him but it's worth noting anyway. I would take him to the vet in the morning if you can and get them to check him out. Just to put your mind at rest if anything

Annie x
Annie&Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!