Thread: yorkie grooming
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
sweetautumn
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed yorkie grooming

now that I have managed to post a photo of rigo in the gallery there are several grooming questions I would like advice on. I groom rigo myself and it has taken a year of weekly gentle bath sessions for him to even allow me to touch or comb and clip him without him constantly growling and freaking out trying to bite me. Up to now I have settled for clean and presentable. Now that he has settled down immensely, I need some help.
For one rigo's fu man chu is wirey and wayward. The longer I let it grow the more it sticks out. Is there a remedy for this?
How exactly should I trim his ears and mane? What do you use to get the hair out of his ears? I have been sneaking my dh's electric trimmer to trim the area between the eyes, is this ok?
How does one deal with the very fine stray belly hair?
He still freaks out when I groom his feet. I feel so bad, but I must imprison him on his back between my legs to clip nails and trim him up.
I am assuming at this point he will never be able to go to a groomer. I found one internet site with directions and small photos on how to cut a yorkie, but I really need something better as a guide. Any and all advice is appreciated.
The up side of his weekly torture sessions is that last week for the first time, after we got "done", he followed me around and jumped up for loves and pets for about 4 days. Before he always acted like the survivor of a satanic ritual.
sweetautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!