View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
jle323
Yorkie Talker

Default What do you do with your dog in the day?

Hi everyone!
This is my first post, so let me introduce myself. I have a 15 month old yorkie named Maddie, along with a pug and a 3 month old baby, so our house is quite chaotic. I'm a nurse, and I was working 3 night shifts a week which was good for the dogs, because that meant someone was home at all times.
However, I'm starting a new job which will be 8 hour days Monday thru Friday. I was wondering what everyone else here does with their dog during the day. Maddie is still not housetrained, but I can't leave her in her crate all day. I'll have to block off a room, but I have visions of coming home to a complete nightmare, with pee and poop everywhere and chair legs chewed up. I was thinking of litter box training her, but if we can't get her to consistently go outside, I'm not sure if we'll be able to litter box train her. Plus, I can just see her digging in the box to bury toys. We tried pee pads when we first got her, but that never worked. I've been researching dog daycare, but I doubt we can afford it for 2 dogs (plus a baby in daycare!) Any ideas?
jle323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!