Thread: S/N Contracts?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #13
Lyla_nBridgette
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine
If they are just buying with the intention of breeding, then I will argue that they do not have the best interest at heart for the Yorkie.
They have no intentions of breeding, they just have their own reasons for not wanting to neuter their pet. I have my dog and will spay her at around 14 months, or just after her first heat, per my own research and opinion. I have no interest in "arguing" something that I'm not involved with, I'm just posing a question in general.

From my view, I also don't see how breeders are going to tell you that you shouldn't do what they do. (I was never a fan of the "Do as I say, not as I do!" school of thought and that's an apparent fault on me, my most sincere apologees.) To elaborate:

For whatever reason, you want a show dog. That's fine. It's great to have a breed standard and strive to better that breed. But was every dog in your dogs' lineage a perfect example of a Yorkie? I am, by no means an expert, but I would think that you could breed any good dog (barring genetic defects) up to produce a show dog over the generations. For example, male with a slight over bite but great stance + female with perfect bite and okay stance = what might turn out to be "show quality" dogs - ? I find it hard to believe that you absolutely could not take a $1,200 dog and breed them selectively with another $1,200 dog and then go through a few more generations of selective breeding with the same price-range and get a show dog eventually. And I don't see how that would be any different aside from the overhead costs. I'm sure there's a good amount of studying to be done, but who are the breeders to say that the buyers couldn't or wouldn't do it? Were the breeders here born breeding dogs? No? you had to study and learn, right? Then what's wrong if someone else wants to do the same? Is it not possible to want to better the breed without actually prancing around in a ring?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!