Thread: S/N Contracts?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #11
Nazir's
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyla_nBridgette
It does seem hypocritical for a *breeder* to say that you can't ever breed your dog mean while they're breeding away. Am I missing something?

I dont see it that way. For whatever reason that this or any particular breeder would sale a pet, it's most likely due to the fact that the dog is not needed or useful within their breeding progam. Upon that conclusion, they then seek a nice pet companion home for the dog. With that being said, the dog is more than likely not what they'd consider a proven quality to be use for breeding. It's not so much that they are saying that another prospective purchaser CANT breed; it's more like, this or that particular dog is not one that they'd use for breeding within their line. That is understandable when considering their purpose and what they are striving for.

Another way to look at it: All dogs have faults; however, some faults breeders are willing to work with, attempting to improve upon. Perhaps, this particular dog had faults that the breeder deemed to gone to even try to improve upon. In this case, the dog wouldn't be useful within a breeding program for those seeking to enrich the breeds quality. Neither the breeder nor the new owner should use this dog in a breeding program. The dog is then sold as a pet and the only way to the is to be assured that the dog would not be used for breeding is through an agreement; i.e. limited registration, S/N prior to placing, and/or S/N contract.

Are they binding?: Well, that just depends on the state/counties' laws, how it was writen out, and sometimes by whom.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!