View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM   #11
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

I use the nylon bands for Pixie and Parises hair. I use the smallest size, they look like dental bands at first! They are about as round as a pencil, but once you streach them over your finger they are a bit bigger! I only need to wrap it three times around the hair. I could do 4, or for much thicker hair only twice. They hold very well! And yes they do "Slide" right out, with some help! I spray with Ice on Ice and grab with fingers and it does slide along the hair... right out! No pulling at all! But it stays in place all day! And yes, Pixie will do the head on ground scoot, trying to remove it at first! she's too funny! But it does her no good!

I have actually sewn these bands onto most of her bows in place of the rubber ones... The rubber broke so much hair... and we are trying to grow it out... I don't want to be dealing with breakage forever! No more rubber!

As for getting in....

I was blessed with Pixie... she was a natural... Paris... Not so much! But one session of "I'm bigger than you!" And she doesn't fight me on it anymore They can't go very far when you have their top knot hair in your hand! And Once the big Fight is over and you win.... Tell her how pretty she is and treat her to no end! next time will get easier and so will the time after that! But do it often at first, so she is learning, not so spaced out that she forgets! And make it a HIGH VALUE TREAT! My girls will let me do anything to them if they think a HVT is coming! Its the Ace up your sleeve!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!