View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 06:26 AM   #6
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy Lucille
Interesting thought-I didn't think about having to build up before a reaction....hmmmm. I'm pretty sure it is not ear mites and I know she doesn't have fleas. She licks her paws alot too-at least it seems to me. I thought maybe it had to do with allergens outside perhaps. She was outside yesterday afternoon for a while. I also bathed her yesterday with CC stuff but that isn't the first time for that either--would a skin allergy need time as well such as a "systemic" type allergy?

Sandraj - what are mossies???

Thanks,
Jamie
Hi, Jamie.

Yes, often even outside allergies can take a certain amount of exposure before symptoms occur. And then, each season, they worsen.

One thing you can do to help her cope with allergies is to feed a simple food, it enables her body to use it's mechanisms to fend off other allergies. My allergist explained this to me, but I am not very good at explaining it.

Paw licking can come from food allergies, and contact allergies. Often, it's hard to tell which.

To complicate things even further, sometimes it's not even a true allergy, but an intolerance. You can tolerate a certain amount of exposure before you have symptoms.

Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!