Old 04-14-2006, 05:30 AM   #7
alabamadreamers
Yorkie Talker

Love Greetings

Good morning,
I thought I'd try to introduce myself and my Yorkie-
Names: Debbie (the traveling munchkin) & Max
Ages: 50 & 10wks
I was searching for tips on housebreaking, grooming and found the website during a search. This is such a great website, especially for newbies like me with many questions bout takin good care of Max.

I have owned Max for 1 week-woohoo! We absolutely love our new Yorkie and are working through the puppy stage of potty training, chewing on electric cords and toes (No Bite), and the incredible non conditional love that Max gives us every day. He is soooo much fun!!

Max loves to play outside-there is no leaf on the ground safe from our Max. He hops frequently and runs full blast upon seeing either of us. He walks around like he is a really big dog versus a little guy. He also loves to jump and lands very flat footed upon jumping from the bed or ottoman. My favorite thing he does however is when he lays his little head in the crook of my neck when he is sleepy. I know they say not to let Yorkies sleep in the bed at night, but I swear, he really doesn't take up much space!

My husband is a construction superintendent and we travel throughout the coastal south. We have been married for fifteen years and have five grown children and 3 grandbabies between us. Max travels with us and actually is now on his first road trip after a week at home in Lillian Alabama. He has done quite well with his crate training and slept for most of a 7 hour trip to our current site. I am a retired RN-my current job is to take care of Max and my husband (lucky me!).

Max is our only pet (lucky Max). Something cool about me-I am the beach gypsy of the south-I love and have been to most of the beaches in Florida, Alabama and Mississippi. I am very blessed that my husband's job allows me to continue to explore many beaches and coastal towns.

I thank all of you for sharing your experience and knowledge of caring for these wonderful dogs with all my heart. I will post pics soon
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!