View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #9
yorkieskater
No Longer a Member

Mine is stubborn stubborn stubborn. i could stand at the pad or outside 45min and he refuses to go. He is easily distracted...nosy...and afraid in the backyard. i watch his signs and take him to the pad every 20min etc. Everything I am supposed to do. he has only a small area and if I take him out of it, he is watched like a hawk and frequently taken back to the pad. If he does go...I make a big deal of it and treat him. the pad is by the back door facing the yard. He refuses to use it at night even if he has to go and even if I stand there for 45min. If I put it in the bathroom with me while I am washing my face, he goes right away. I don't want to put him to bed without having "gone" or else I am up all night listening for every movement and yes...he will hold it...all night. he is that stubborn. The more I am getting used to him (it has been less than a week) I am seeing his signs. I think because he is so afraid of the backyard...he doesn't want to use the pad where it is. We go on long walks and he will hold it the entire time.
suz
yorkieskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!