View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #4
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy Lucille
Hi all,

Mayzie is 5 months old now. She has been on RC mini 33 for 3 of those 5 with no trouble. I have notice in the last couple of days her ears are kinda red and itchy. I just got done giving her a bath and notice that she has a couple little scratched open places in her one ear. Is it possible or has anyone had a dog develop allergies after eating the food for 3 months? If she has seasonal allergies would/could that affect her ears? I know you are not vets but I do value your opinions. I am wondering if perhaps a little cortizone creme would hurt. I hate the thought of changing her food unecessarily. Anyone? Anyone?
Sometimes, it takes a certain amount of exposure to a food for allergies to develop. It has to build up in the system. I know this from my allergy doctor.

You could try a simple food diet, 1 protein source, 1 carb source, such as Natural Balance Venison and Rice and see if she improves.

And like Sandra said, it could be ear mites. Just to be safe, I'd have my vet examine her ears.
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!