View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
browniesmom622
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Rain Potty Training Tips

I have 3 male dogs all potty trained before 4 months i personally think if your dog is over 6 months they will prob have accidents forever
heres something that might help some of you trying to train your pups i have done all of it

#1. patience . Do not expect your puppy to go outside peepee come right in it takes a while sometimes to find a spot it may take 5-10-20 even 30 mins standing out there sometimes even early or in the cold if your not willing to do this then either dont get a puppy or dont complain about them peeing & pooping on your floor

#2. when your pup goes outside you must act like you won a million dollars saying good boy/girl let them know they did good this is the main key cause if you dont say anything how will they know they did good

#3 when inside you must watch your dog 24/7 if you cant your dog must be confined when your dog is loose watch every face they make when your pup starts sniffing around ( they all do it before pottying) say "do you have to peepee" and take your pup outside and say "go ahead do peepee"

#4 until your dog is completely potty trained and they have the idea to go to the door until about 10 months you must let them right out they cant hold it
after that age you can make them wait 2 - 3-4-5- mins just to teach them to hold it when loose

i know im missing some stuff ill sleep on it and have admin edit it if anyone has any potty training tips im sure everyone would be very happy for you to share them

Tips from Brownie Austin Kayko

p.s edit to add as i was writing this Austin ( 10 months) was pawing at my arm to go potty i said wait 1 min he sat nicely and waited
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!