View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsophia
After reading some of the posts between breeders I actually felt like at times there was more competition between breeders than camaraderie.
As a breeder myself, I have to agree with that part of your post 100%. I never knew how it really was among some breeders until joining forums. I know "most" of the breeders in my area. Some I don't but would love to. I also personally know breeders in SC, VA, IN. Meaning I have met them personally. I have learned alot about what goes on in the dog world and that you are always going to run into some that will try to discourage you. I have since learned that it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you as long as you are doing your very best and trying to better your breed. If all the breeders of any breed would just work together instead of trying to out do one another, can't you just imagine how much farther advanced we would be in our breed today? I'll help any breeder, new or experienced in any way I can. Breeding is not something that anyone is the best at. Now there are breeders who have been at it for a very long time who have tons of knowledge compared to others. But breeding is a life long learning experience and you never really stop learning no matter what.
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!