View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Nikko's_human
Proudly owned by Nikko
Donating Member

Default A little courtesy goes a long way...

Allow me a general observation. First, I want to say that I love YT and love being part of a community that offers a wealth of information about our beloved breed. The folks that make up this community are a large group of intelligent, friendly, helpful, considerate and all around great people. It is my honor to be part of such a group. However, certain things have disturbed me lately and I feel I must be honest about it. Because we have so many knowledgable and opinionated people on here, it is pointless to expect that everyone is going to agree on every subject 100% of the time. The key in exchanging ideas however, is that you measure your words carefully so as not to offend anyone else. I know debates can get heated, and a little controversy never hurt anyone and can actually be healthy. However, when people reach out for help and advice and get insults and criticism instead, I feel that is where the line is crossed between help and offense. People who feel that they know better come across as condescending. People resort to insults or indirect hits at another person. Those who have been here longer make newbies feel like they don't belong and afraid to post. It takes away from what this is all about which is a community that celebrates the love and beauty of our beloved Yorkies. So my advice is simple: read your posts before you submit them. If you would be ok with someone sending that to you, then go ahead and post it. Otherwise use a little courtesy. It will take you a long way.

Disclaimer: NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE SPECIFIC AND NOT MEANT TO BE OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!