View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #10
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Gibber - It doesn't sound like your question is "hypothetical." It sounds like you are really considering doing it.

Why are you considering getting a little pup that is only 6 weeks old? What circumstances might cause this to happen? Having another (even older) puppy won't take the place of that little puppy's staying with its mother longer (and litter mates its own age).

I also feel that a 12-month old pup might be just a little too much - energy-wise, etc., - for a little 6-weeks old pup. I truly believe that my pup - when he was 12 weeks old - would totally not have been a good thing to have around a tiny little puppy. He was holding his own and playing very rough with my 21-pound Bichon at that age..... In fact, he was doing this at weeks. (There is a "huge developmental difference between a 6-week old and a 12-week old -- "night and day.")

I would suggest being ready to supervise this new little friendship 24/7 for a while - and having a place where the little puppy can sleep and rest in peace as much as it needs to - for the first month or so.

Carol Jean

Last edited by SnowWa; 04-12-2006 at 06:57 PM.
SnowWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!