View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #14
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

I have more information to post that might help. Before I got my first yorkie, I had my cocker for 7 years before I added a new addition, so she was use to being the center of attention for all of those years. Well, then I decide to get a yorkie puppy. It took about one or two weeks, for my cocker to accept this puppy and play with her. Today, they get along great. About a year later,I decide to get a second yorkie. He was an instant hit from the first moment they met him, they liked him. All dogs take some time to adjust to this arrangement, some take longer than others, but as long as your dog is not aggressive towards other dogs then you should not have any problems. Another thing to keep in mind is that dogs know the difference between a puppy and another adult dog. This meaning that they tolerate the puppy's habits and go easier on it. My dad had a dog that was very aggressive towards dogs, but when it came to puppies, it got along great with them. So as long as your dog is not aggressive towards puppies or people, than you shoulden't have any problems with him. Dogs tend to do great when a puppy is introduced into the family. This is a different story if you introduce two adult dogs because they will want establish their terriortory. Just remember to watch your dog's body language and gestures when you first introduce them, you don't want to rush the puppy on him if he isn't comfortable with it. He may need some time to adjust, but all dogs need that. Once he adjusts to having a puppy in the family he will be fine and will want to play with the puppy and be with the puppy more and more. Bottom line is, don't worry, chances are you won't have any problems and they will grow to love each other. I hope this helps.
MyTrixie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!