View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Star Another Jewel Update - 4/11/2006

Hi Everyone! Sorry it's been a little while since I posted anything here.

The last two weeks has taken an emotional toll on me and Dan. Jewel's condition deterioated to the point where we needed to search our hearts and ask the question "Is she happy?", "Are we prolonging her life for us or for her?" and "Is it time to say Good-Bye?". We shed a lot of tears and as I last wrote, we decided to try accupuncture. Well......

First of all, she is improving and is almost back to how she is in her Avatar! Not quite running yet but she is getting there! Praise Jesus! Thank you ALL for your prayers and thoughts!

We don't know if it's the accupuncture since there are some other things we are trying.

1. We found out from her last lab results that she's been getting dehydrated. She needs to be reminded to drink water (bad Mom!) and when we do bring her water she only drinks a little bit. So my brilliant husband thought of boiling chicken and giving her the "Chicken Water". She will drink that until she physically can't! Yippy!

2. Her neurologist boosted up her dosage of Prednisone for just a couple of weeks. We will be lowering it again next week to where she was.

3. Accupuncture - Well.... She keeps getting the needles out so her doctor is giving her liquid accupuncture. He says it's not as effective but... we're still going to continue.

We can't be more thrilled! It's obvious she is not ready to leave this world yet!

Please keep the happy thought and prayers comin'! You are all helping her get better!

With Our Most Sincere "Thank You"
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!