View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #9
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

I have had melanoma so I know more than I wish I did. First of all doctors, dermatologists and vets make mistakes and can't always tell just by looking at it. I had melanoma long after the first time I asked about it.

If it were me (again) my pet, or another loved one I would consider 2 choices. One is have the entire sore and surrounding area removed, make sure there are "clear margins" in the biospy.

The second choice would be to have a punch biopsy done. This is a quick procedure and on people they do it with a local anesthesia. If it comes back as cancer, they can do a more extensive surgery.

Good luck with the pup.

And people, use sunblock, hats, long sleeves, see a dermatologist for a full body skin check at least once a year. women, check your legs. if you have a man in your life, check his back. More men die b/c it is on their back where no one sees it.

Have your hairdresser check you head and let you know if she sees anything. My hairdresser saved a woman's life that way.

Did that sound like a public service announcement? sorry, i get crazy about this.
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!